With appologies (and thanks) to Jeff Foxworthy, today I present my list of the Top 10 Signs You Just Might be a Wildlife Photographer. Wildlife photographer’s are a curious subspecies with a number of unique characteristics. I thought it might be fun to enumerate about ten of them.
Therefore, presented in traditional countdown order, here they are….
10. Your camera rides shotgun in the passenger seat more than your significant other
9. The thought of spending another day photographing the Prairie Dog town literally gets your heart racing
8. You have better rain gear for your camera than for yourself
7. Photographing a beautiful landscape is only considered after all the wildlife possibilities are eliminated
6. Your dreams are image stabilized (or vibration reduced depending on your religion)
5. You’ve spent more time lying in the dirt than Charlie Sheen
4. It disturbs you that your eyes’ bokeh is so poor
3. When meeting friends outside you always try to keep your back to the sun
2. Your photo gear is covered in more camo than a Navy Seal
and the number 1 sign you might be a wildlife photographer…..
1. It would take an act of government to compell you to photograph a wedding
Now, I won’t pretend that this is an exhaustive list. If you’d like to add some of your own, here’s your chance.